Admissions Policy for 2016-2017
In line with all Bromley community schools, the local authority handles our school admissions. Details of the admissions procedure can be found on Bromley's website and in a booklet published by the local authority.
A child must by law be attending school at the beginning of the term following their 5th birthday. In line with new government legislation from the Department for Education, all children will now be permitted to start in Reception in the September following their 4th birthday. We will therefore admit Reception age pupils at the beginning of the Autumn term for children born between 1st September 2011 to 31st August 2012.
If the school is over-subscribed, the London Borough of Bromley’s Admissions criteria will be used to determine admissions.
- Looked After Children or previously Looked After.
- In exceptional circumstances there is discretion to admit children on the grounds of their or their family’s acute medical or social need for that particular school and who would not otherwise qualify for admission.
- Siblings - Children who have a brother or sister at the preferred school at the beginning of their first term.
- Proximity – proximity as measured in a straight line from the front door of the home to the front door of the school.
- Definitions and further explanations of these criteria can be found on Bromley’s website
The school is also linked to Mead Road Infant School to provide 20 additional places for children transferring from year 2 to year 3 in September 2016.
Parents of children at Mead Road will only be required to complete a transfer form for our school. If the school is over-subscribed, the London Borough of Bromley’s above admissions criteria will also apply.
If you have any queries you can contact:
The Bromley Admissions Team on 020 8313 4044
If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health and Care Plan, you can apply under a separate process. Please seek further advice from the Special Educational Needs Group on 020 8313 4164.
Please click on the link for the London Borough of bromley website